Welcome to our Journal

My photo
Welcome to Teen Mothership Journal! Here you will find community resources for single mothers as well as inspiring stories by current and former teen moms like myself.You will gain insite on the many challanges faced on a daily by young parents.This blog is to inspire and uplift young ladies struggling with being a young parent and to also encourage girls to WAIT. I pray that this blog brings awareness,encouragement and give hope to the hopeless. You are not alone.

Thursday, April 18, 2013

MY journey to Finding My TRUE IDENTITY...

"Job Corp 2008" sitting in my dorm room.
As I set and scroll down memory lane, I find myself trying to discover the hidden identity of my purpose. Today Iv came across some pics that was taken back in 2008 when I decided to go to Job Corps. It was not long after my fiance' passed in 2006 I was able to shake depresion.  I was to a point in my life I didn't know which way to turn, I was tired of the life I was living. After reading a book called Purpose Driven Life,the only thing I could honestly do from that point forward was seek my TRUE purpose. I decided to give up my apartment and move back  in with my mother with my two kids. There I am a 21 year old mother with two kids living with my mother, again. Although it was by choice I felt my life shouldve been farther ahead. I started to go to the library everyday to apply for employment online. It was then I discovered "Job Corps" I honestly looked @ it as a free ticket away from my pain, something that was much needed. I did everything that needed to be done to be accepted in the business administration program. Before you know it I received the  call I was waiting for, my departure date. I chose  Bamberg Job Corps in South Carolina because I wanted to be closer to my kids. Although I only stayed there 3 months It was long enough for me to mentor young ladies like myself. 
It was strange
"Job Corp 2008" outside of the dorm.
 @ first, mainly because I was the oldest in the bunch being around teenagers every day can be very interesting, often time they would ask me "why are you even here"?? I had everything that Job corp offered except for a trade. My 3 months @ Job corp was amazing lots of people became close to me and felt comfortable with sharing their story with me.I can say it was an wonderful life changing experience and although I found out later that I could have obtain a trade @ a local community college I wouldnt change my decision for the world. I believe  God  put me there for a reason and I believe I touch many lives during my short stay. I had roommates that looked up to me. At that point I realized how much of a leader I was. It was a new beginning for me, It was God revealing my true identity.


Thanks for reading :-)

2 comments:

  1. Hey cuz, so proud of all of your accomplishments. You've shared stuff I had no idea about. Purpose Driven Life is a great book to read for inspiration!! Continue to write, take pics, shoot videos, and more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! This really means alot to me, feedback like this keeps me going. I truly am thankful for your support I cant explain in word how much it truly means. This is just the beginning so stay tune!! love you!

    ReplyDelete

Journal 2018 continues

.. I allowed circumstances to get the best of me. Things were finally falling in place. I was then to the point where my kids were older and...